Meta Box & Admin Columns integration
Why use Admin Columns with Meta Box?
Meta Box already proved itself as one of the major plugins to manage Custom Fields on WordPress websites. With Admin Columns Pro, you will be able to create columns for all your Meta Box fields on the Post, User, Taxonomy, and Media tables in the WordPress admin.
And with our pro features, you can easily make those columns filterable, sortable, editable, and exportable as well.
Download & Install the Meta Box integration add-on
Before we can begin you will need to install the main Admin Columns Pro plugin and the Meta Box integration. Here is how to install the Meta Box integration add-on.
How to display Meta Box field on the Posts list table
- Go to the column settings screen: Dashboard > Settings > Admin Columns.
- Click the + Add Column button in the lower right.
- Select the desired Meta Box field from the dropdown in the Meta Box group. Note that every available Meta Box field has its own column type.
- Click Update to save your columns.
- Click on View to see the added column on the Posts list table.
Supported Meta Box fields
Meta Box Table Storage is supported, but pro feature support may differ from the table below.
|File Input Advanced|
Supported list tables
You can add your ACF fields ascolumns to the following list tables:
- Posts, Pages and Custom Post Types
- Taxonomies; such as Tags, Categories, and Custom Taxonomies
Examples of use
Real Estate listings
Real estate websites commonly need to use custom fields to allow them to display real estate listings, which must display data such as Number of Bedrooms, Number of Baths, Size of Home, and Price. With the Admin Columns integration for Meta Box, this data can now be shown on the House (custom post type) list table within the admin area.
Admin Columns can display any Meta Box content on to the list table. The Meta Box data will be sortable, filterable, searchable, and bulk editable.