How to use Smart Filtering
Why use Smart Filtering
With Smart Filters, you can find and filter any content in the admin area of your WordPress site. These filters can simply be added to any WordPress list table for any post type without any coding required.
Smart Filtering works for any WordPress list table, including Users, Posts, Pages, and Custom Post Types.
How to enable Smart Filtering
- Go to the column settings screen: Dashboard > Settings > Admin Columns.
- Enable Smart Filtering by clicking the Smart Filter icon in the header. Or open the column settings to enable Smart Filtering from the settings menu.
- Once you've enabled Smart Filtering for a column, it is possible to add a Smart Filter for the column on the list table. Go back to the list table (e.g. Posts screen) and click on the Add Filter button to add a new Smart Filter.
- Every column has its own available operators that allow you to search in a specific way depending on the column type. This will determine how the content will be filtered.
Available operators depending on column type:
does not contain,
is in the past,
is in the future,
is within x days,
is less than x days ago,
is more than x days ago
- It is possible to add multiple filters for the same column. With every added smart filter, you will further segment the results.
- Click the Filter button to apply the filters.
How to use Saved Filters
You can store filters for later use by storing them as a segment. In this article, we explain How to use Saved Filters.
Supported List Tables
- Custom Post Types